Monday, June 8, 2009

It's me again

Ok! Looks like most want no limit on spending for christmas, and that good for me to. Also we are to give to only one person or family. (That's the most important one for me) I made copies of the list so I'll make sure everyone here gets one and I'll send one to Matthew.


I've known all my life that you can't save anyone who dosen't want to be saved. Why then does it suprise me each and every time I re-realise this fact. It's just like a drownding victim - they will take you with them. Panic, fear, whatever? It's hard to face the fact that no one is going to save you but yourself. Someone used to tell me that I've spent my whole life taking care of everyone else, but they wondered , who was going to take care of me? I can answer that. So many people want but they don't want to give. They take but don't return. All this because you're a good guy and don't confront them. Sometimes the responsibility can be overwhelming. No one really looks inside. Most of the time, most things don't matter. Perhaps, for me, 99.9% of the time I just don't care. Others can have their way and feel good because I will feel just fine because I REALLY DON"T CARE. I've seen and done things that did matter a great deal but having a preference about dinner just dosen't hold a candle to some of that.

There is one thing that does scare me though; GIRLS - Big ones, little ones, old ones and young ones. With or without teeth, hair, brains,pretty or not so much. Couple that with being 60 and it's a scary world. Wish me luck!

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Hmmmm...what's going on Pops?

Melissa said...

I heard of what happened today. All I can say is--you can give and give and give. At some point, I have to write people off as not being worth my energy anymore.

A Hale said...

why do girls scare you? and some people are just stupid. also i will take care of you!! i love you dad!

Starting Over said...

Dad, it's not because you didn't do your best. You've gone out of your way for her. You're right, some people can't be helped. I love you.

michael said...

you can't write off everyone