Saturday, November 8, 2008

A VIEW - MY VIEW - ANOTHER VIEW

I haven't looked at any blogs this morning so who knows I might be sorry or redundant in writing this. Oh well!

The election is over. everyone had or has their opinion about those running. (All whole bunches of them-therewere several) Gloating or twisting the knife has no real place in this or any election. not even in everyday life. Amanda and Jessica said there were fights at school; racial comments made; and generally a very poor attitude adopted by quite a few. CHILDREN ! AND THAT INCLUDES THE ADULTS !!! My neighbor who lives around the block had his election signs in his yard taken. BAD FORM!! I stopped by his house and told him that I was sorry about that action. That dosen't make me good or nice for doing that it just makes me a neighbour.

I don't agree with many of our president elects positions but it is my, and your, duty to support him in his office and in the actions he takes as long as they are good and honest. It is also our duty to oppose those actions if you don't agree with them. You do this by voteing, e-mailing, writing letters and stating your opinion; sometimes loudly !

There is great danger in following blindly. Many people do. They are not good citizens (?) They are sheep of the worse discription. ( Following Christ as sheep is another matter) Blindly following leads to oppression. Remember this. All those we place in office work for us. We don't work for them. Many in office forget that. Don't let them.

I'm beginning to fear that if we as a nation don't pay attention and soon we will be in big trouble. For many years the politically connected have been acting like rulers instead of governing by consent. Your elected officials are answerable to you who elected them. You, we, are the ones in power. Take it, keep it, or lose everything.

ME

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Well said Dad.

Jennifer said...

If you don't want to post anymore, that's okay. Just know...I will miss them and be sad. I love your blog. I love you too.

The word verfication is eukeness...that somehow sounds like something you would say!

A Hale said...

Dad I love reading your blog! I just wish you would post more often!! Well I love you mucho amounts!