Saturday, July 11, 2009

It's Saturday Morning (real old song)

Well the handwriting is on the wall. Might as well accept it. It can't be changed.

Now before you get worried of even concerned let me just say that the handwriting is always on the wall even if we don't notice it. Dosen't matter the subject, reason,event, it's on there. So no secrets here. No mystery to discover. BUT!!

As I get older I realise that we get increasingly irrelevant. We get wiser, smarter,and much sharper in many ways but fewer listen. How foolish is this progression in life? AA has it correct -change the things you can- accept the things you can't and have the wisdom to know the difference. Very few of us have the privilige of having our lives turn out the way we wanted or expected. Always detours and unexpected dead ends and running out of gas. No wonder we begen to remember and think about the past. We want others to know that we counted for something. No matter what we may have done. GOOD _ BAD _ UGLY _ FUNNY _ OR JUST PLAIN STUPID . I've started to remember a few stories and tellin a few. Some are not pretty. Haven't told them yet. Just some funny ones. There was a girl , years ago, who really cared for me. I turned away because there was much more in the world that could be better. I may have made a mistake. Don't know that, but do you see what I mean? PAST GONE MAKES NO DIFFERENCE ANY MORE

I have my children and their children and spouses. Most important things in my life. I still hurt for them and pray for them but in many cases I can't do much more for them. Maybe a good looking girlfriend to round out things. How's that for complicating things? Maybe everything would be perfect if I could just get the lawn mowed once in a while. Edged to. Jessica weeds well and often so that's no problem. Got to get bedside tables. See! Life just keeps going on and on.

The sun is out from behind the clouds and it's going to be hot again. Breathing is nice. Even if you hurt.

DADDY
















D

No comments: